So yes, I gave in and created a blog. Kyle convinced me that this would be a good idea for me so our families could catch up with our lives. In just 1 day, I will be an official teacher with my very own classes. This is exciting and I am eager to work with the middle schoolers. I have been at school every day this past week getting ready for the year but somehow, I still feel like I am forgetting something. Today at school, the band director asked me if I would be interested in singing with his jazz combo on a regular basis. This made me excited because as you know, I love to sing! He said that we would perform at parties and local venues...this will be fun!
As for current happenings, I am now making Kyle and I dinner and attempting to be a savvy cook....well, as savvy as Corn Flake coated chicken goes. I found the recipe in my grandma's recipe box so it must be good, right? I will let you know how it goes.
I have been thinking about Hope College lately because it is that time of year that I would usually go back. I miss college a lot...friends, choir, class, worship team, and my professors. Now all of a sudden, I am the teacher who will facilitate classes. This is an exciting yet nostalgic feeling. I really liked being a student, and I am hoping to take voice lessons this fall at CIM with Abbie. Always singing...and now to see about that dinner...

1 comment:
Welcome to the blogosphere Sarah!
Post a Comment