Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The holidays are almost here


It'd the most wonderful time of the year...or so they say in an old jingle. Last night, I tried my first attempt at Christmas shopping. I was wandering through the store after school trying to postpone the much needed paper writing I needed to do for my class when a few Christmas songs that just make me laugh came on in the store. Here are some that I find funny (still haven't quite pin-pointed the reason, maybe irony). Maybe it is because I have such a love of the Christmas movies when every good intention goes awry. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit...there's nothing quite like singing holiday songs before Halloween. Just one more reason that teaching music is so much fun!

Maybe you have a story about a song to share and add to the list. If so, please do!

1. Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
2. Sleigh Ride ("just hear those sleigh bells jingling...")
3. The Christmas Song ("chestnuts roasting on an open fire")
4. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
5. Here Comes Santa Claus
6. Let it Snow
7. Little Drummer Boy

1 comment:

Dave L said...

I love chestnuts roasting over an open fire! we always used to sing it syruppy sweet and do this silly dance!