Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Indy 500!



This past weekend, Kyle and I traveled back to Indianapolis to visit my family and attend the Indy 500. We had a GREAT time! We were seated at the first turn and our seats were amazing! We witnessed all of the accidents that took place and all in all, it was a very exciting race. If you have never seen Indy cars, the speed at which they race literally shakes you. All of us wore ear plugs because they are so loud. I sat by Sarah, Megan and Emily at the race and I loved how Sarah knew all of the women drivers (only 3 to be exact)and followed the race with such enthusiasm. I love them so much.

Before the race started, all of us checked out the displays and vendors in the middle of the track. I made Sarah and Megan get the classic picture in one of the race cars. I think Sarah looked a bit scared in the picture.



It was so much fun to visit with my parents and cousins. I remember it was only 3 summers ago that I lived with the Maars and when Kyle and I were driving into Indianapolis, it felt like home. Dean and Deb made us feel so welcome and we couldn't have asked for a better time.

Look how big the kids are getting!

1 comment:

Sherry at the Zoo said...

We saw the Maars last weekend, and yes, the kids are all getting big, big, big! Ruth too! She and Seth are the gruesome twosome. You never know what they will come up with next. Looks like you all had a great time at the Indy 500.