Saturday, October 04, 2008

New friends

This past summer, I was very lucky to find someone that lived out on the East side to carpool with to class at CSU everyday and again each week in the fall. Josh teaches middle school band in a neighboring town and the first time that he and his wife Courtney invited Kyle and I over for dinner, we knew that we would all become great friends. They have two children under the age of four so our dinners with them are quite entertaining. A few weeks ago, we celebrated both of their kids' September birthdays with delicious cake (seriously, it was the most stunning and delicious birthday cake I have ever seen/eaten). Kyle brought his camera and took some great pictures of Cammie (now 3) and Brogan (who just turned 1).

Courtney is a very talented baker and she now has her own cake business (see the link on the side of the blog). Every week over the summer and now into the fall, we have made it a point to get together for dinner with Josh and Courtney. They both are very talented chefs and we have tried everything from baby back ribs on the grill, grilled pesto chicken sandwiches, homemade lasagna, burgers and chili. They have inspired Kyle and I with their cooking greatness and we usually bring sides or salad.


No comments: