I chuckled to myself as I started this post because just about this time every year I post about the same thing...pending holiday performances, long evenings of conferences, lake effect snow falling, papers and projects to culminate the semester and as always, this little twinge of stress starts to creep back into my life. I knew when I wanted to be a music teacher that the holidays bring concerts, concerts bring joy to concert-goers and concerts bring the twinge of stress. What I would describe as that small anxious feeling always there at the back of your stomach, causing you to eat less, run around more and have this feeling that no matter how much time and effort is put into trying to get everything done exactly how you want it to, no single thing is ever as good/perfect as one would hope. This also is the time of year when we do music fundraisers. How I wish I would never have to be involved with one again!
Some positives in the midst of the madness are that I just found out that my college friend Jon Ornee's band is coming to Mentor, OH this weekend! I was sitting at lunch in the teacher's lounge today and saw a flyer laying on the table about AgSilver. I was so happy and I told the other teachers that I knew them and most of the band members went to college with me. What a small world! After further investigation, I found out one of the teachers in my prayer group is hosting many of the band members at her house. Kyle and I are excited to see them HERE this weekend!
Other positives are that the twinge of stress in my life always makes my jeans fit a little looser this time of year. Kyle commented last week, "You look really skinny. That always happens when you have a recital or a big paper due." Haha. Oh grad school...how I need to get away from thee. After this semester, I am half finished. My hope is to be done by the fall of 2010. I hope that becomes a reality.
Last night it started to snow here. I didn't think much of it when I drove to work this morning without my scraper or mini shovel. Poor choice. I spent about 6 minutes wiping the snow off my car with my thinly gloved hand as the kids drove by on their buses and waved (and probably laughed at me). All the while, my car was VERY low on gas and I was concerned the defroster would run out my gas and I wouldn't make it to fill up at Sam's Club. I'm sure you will be happy to know that I made it (with gas at $1.89) and that we are currently under a lake effect snow warning. I don't like snow...it tends to complicate my life. Moral of the story = PUT A SCRAPER IN YOUR CAR NOW!
The verse that keeps me going through the craziness: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
I hope this gave you a good laugh, a story to relate to and a word of encouragement. Have a blessed day!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment