Can you believe that the current temperature outside is a mere 1 degree and that the wind chill is about 20 below? Well, its time to believe it and its not a real suprise to me. After growing up in Chicago, you get used to the lake effect snow and the wind chill advisories. In fact, my parents are experiencing this deep freeze too. However, the good part about living here in Cleveland is that when this terribly cold weather hits, they actually CLOSE the schools! So, needless to say, as a teacher here in this wintry tundra, I have had 2 days off out of the past 4 school days. My mom on the other hand is fearlessly leading her elementary children in this winter weather and I commend her for doing so. So, the things I am thankful for today are: a warm coat, a car that runs well, heat in my apartment, a job (that gives people a break when the weather is bad), and Kyle (because he gets up early to go to work and takes me to lunch on my day off). Ah the winter weather...currently, a blessing.
After searching for pictures of this arctic tundra, I found someone's web page entitled "This is why I hate winter in Cleveland, Ohio." This person must not be a teacher.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maybe i should be a teacher...
Post a Comment