Monday, December 10, 2007

Congratulations, Joel and Allison!






The last trip in November took place the weekend after Thanksgiving. Kyle and I got to travel home to Chicago for me to be a bridesmaid in my dear friend Allison's wedding. I got to see my other great friends Michelle and Jessica and this pretty much made my entire winter.

Now for a short story about Allison. I have known Allison since first grade. We met at church and were in the same small group from first grade through senior year in high school. Although she traveled to Texas go to college and I to Michigan, that didn't cause our friendship to suffer; in fact, it made it even stronger. She is such a dear friend to me. One of my favorite memories of her is at Camp Paradise in seventh grade. At our church camp, they had each small group navigate a high ropes course about 40 feet up in the trees in the UP of Michigan. I was scared enough to climb the tree let alone walk on a tightrope connecting the two trees together. All through the climb (as I was staving off extreme fear and hugging each tree trunk I made it to), Allison stood below me on the ground encouraging me with Phillippians 3:14, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." That verse sustained me then and continues to encourage me to this day and each time I hear it, I hear Al's voice. She is a person who brings out the best in everyone around her and my friendship with her continues to give me an example of Christ's love in real life.

So, I got to see her marry her best friend last weekend and it was one of the best things ever. This is the first time I have been in a friend's wedding as a bridesmaid and it was so cool to see the look on Joel and Al's faces as they said their vows to one another. Al looked like a princess. Congratulations, my dear friend! Here's to a beautiful marriage!

No comments: