Kyle and I are coming up on our one year anniversary as official home owners. We chose our house not only for its location but also because it was in "move in condition." Before we bought the house, we had the home inspector come and check it out and it passed with flying colors. We thought it wouldn't need much work or repairs. It was true that it needed maybe a new coat of paint in one room, but the rest seemed perfect.
Over the past year, we have replaced the fan and motor on the furnace. As I sit here writing this post, we currently have two plumbers, two trucks and a HUGE roto-rooter blowing raw sewage out of the basement. Kyle and I knew something bad was going on when we noticed one pipe in the basement with water coming up and out the pipe onto the floor. We thought it might have been extra water from the air conditioner since we turned it on for the first time this week. Unfortunately, we were very wrong. I was in the shower this moring with shampoo all over my hair when Kyle came running up the stairs telling me to turn off the water because sewage was coming out of the pipe into the basement. Luckily, we had the plumber here within the hour but this project is going to be much more costly than we anticipated. Oh the joys of home ownership. While eating sandwiches today while the roto-rooter was noisily growling the basement, I said to Kyle, "Happy Anniversary!"

2 comments:
OH SARAH! That is terrible news! I hope the sewage gets all taken care of and that you will be able to wash that shampoo out of your hair soon!
haha!
Can't wait to see you soon!
Ambs
Oh the joys of home ownership! It's never-ending! BUT, no house is perfect so you just have to weigh out the joys with the sorrows and accept your home for the abode that you make it!
Your home looks charming btw....
Post a Comment