A couple of weeks ago, I decided it would be so fun to go to the local apple orchard/pumpkin farm to get some fresh honey crisp apples. I love going apple picking and the sixty degree day was just perfect. We got to the orchard and got our apples and went in the building to get cider and donuts and no sooner had we stepped into the building then the power went off. Altough the line was long and kids were starting to get cranky around us, we still got our cider and donuts and ate them happily while sitting on a hay bale.
We were quite happy with our quick trip to the orchard and when we got back to Kyle's car and tried to turn the ignition key, it just wouldn't start. Nothing. No lights, no sound, nothing. So, we called the AT&T roadside assistance and had them send someone (which I hoped would be a tow truck) to jump us. Instead, it was a family in a mini van and all would have gone well if the jump actually took. But it didn't. This took about 2 hours.
So now back on the phone (which had only 1 bar left of power) to try to explain the new need of a tow truck to roadside assistance. After my phone cut at least 3 operators off because of bad reception, I began to get nervous. Families were slowly leaving the apple farm and the fields became more and more desolate. Finally I got a hold of the tow truck company that AT&T had contacted and we were starting to gain some hope...and the sun was starting to set. Eventually, all of the visitors to the apple farm had left and we were the only ones still parked in the field until 6 deer appeard out of the woods to join us.
To both of our happiness, the tow truck man brought a battery that would work in our car and installed it there for us. We were thrilled! So, a 2 hour trip to the apple farm turned into a 7 hour trip to the orchard. It could always be worse...

1 comment:
Sarah! That is such a cute picture of you two at the orchard! Wish we could have seen you this weekend in NY! Do you guys want to come over sometime in November? I'll let you know as soon as I get Ryan's weekend call schedules.
Post a Comment