


I was thinking just the other day about how many people often feel compelled to give around the holidays, whether that be to friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, or in this case, cheritable organizations. Many of the cherities out there often send out people into the cold this time of year to try to encourage more donations, but after pondering this a bit and learning more about a cause that is close to my heart, I am thinking of Christmas in a different light this year. Maybe after hearing this story, you will too.
I have babysat for my neighbors' little girls, Erica and Emily, since the oldest was only one month old. I would spend many of my weekends in middle and high school caring for these little girls and their family became near and dear to my heart. I admired both of their parents for their character and for how they encouraged their daughters to love Jesus from such a young age.
Just yesterday, I learned the their mother, Amy, is now very sick with cancer and has less than a month to live. Her daughters are both in elementary school and it has been about four years since I have babysat them. This broke my heart, as I admired their family very much and knew how much love she had for life. I also learned yesterday that about 80 neighbors in my community where I grew up decorated their house to to the hilt this Christmas. It looks spectacular and is the shining star of the neighborhood at night!
If you get a chance, please keep Amy and her husband and daughters in your prayers. If you are interested in viewing her website, viewing the pictures of the house and family, and reading about how/where your cheritable giving can go to further cancer research this Christmas, I encourage you to do so. It can be found here. Her faith has always been an example to me, and this Christmas, I KNOW that each one of us has a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment:
Your mom and I are enjoying 80 degree weather in Sunny Florida. We love you and wish you were here.
Post a Comment