Saturday, March 03, 2007

a few reasons why I love/miss college






When searching for pictures in Picasa today, I came across a few that brought back such happy memories. They embody the reasons why I love Hope College and all the people I knew there. Some reasons why I feel this way are:

1. Living with other girls was so fun...I miss them and they way that they make me feel loved.
2. Singing with the worship team...still haven't found a place like that here.
3. Dating Kyle...I still love him so much!
4. Nykerk Hall of Music...all the practicing, professors, performances, and most importantly, the people.
5. Chapel Choir. As much as we complained about rehearsing so much, theexperience and the friends I made there are one in a million.
6. Hinkamp and the guys Kyle lived with: priceless friends.
7. Student teaching with Jim De Boer, an amazing mentor to learn from and the HPS students were so sweet.
8. Late night study parties with my music friends...after all that time together, we were practically family.
9. Voice lessons with Dr. Sharp...he always and still believes in me and encouraged me to seek out music as my profession.
10. Everything that is Hope College: the close friends, the people who think they know you but really don't because they see you singing in front of them, President Bultman coming to my recital, wierd traditions, and challenging my faith.

To all the people who helped me grow at this place, I thank you so much.

1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

Yippee Yippee! I love Hope too! we should all go back to the Gathering sometime!