Three concerts down, one more to go! Its hard to believe that I have almost prevailed against the infamous "first year." I am so proud of my students! I gave my sixth grade choir incredibly challenging music in FOUR languages and they were able to rise to the occasion and perform the pieces incredibly well. They sang songs in German, Spanish, Latin and English and wrote their own introductions to each of the pieces and shared those with the audience before each song. We had a crowd of over 800 people in the gym to see the concert and it was very packed.
Kyle was able to come to my school (for the first time EVER) and catch a glimpse of what my day to day activities are there and to see my students perform. I've included a couple of amusing shots. The first is of myself and my cart in my lovely office. I spend the majority of my day teaching general music classes in rooms all over the school and push this cart everywhere (usually brimming with papers that go flying off as I walk through the hallways). The next is of my choir...all 52 of them and just me. Makes for fun times everyday. I was so pleased with how they performed and they way that this program is taking off. My students are a blessing...and their enthusiasm is contagious.

2 comments:
You look so cute! We are so proud of all your hard work this year! Love you, MOMO
I love seeing you with your little cart! Miss you!
Post a Comment