Friday, April 06, 2007

Music galore!







SO, its been a while since I have blogged and for that, I apologize because its been REALLY busy around here. Last week, I attended 3 concerts in 3 days and that was fun. Especially going to my friend Abbie's organ recital at CIM. Abbie and I met on my first day at Hope and have become better friends since. She is a very gifted musician and watching her play the organ gives one the illusion that its easy...but it is really difficult! Kyle and I loved going to her recital and it was in a gorgeous church in downtown Cleveland. Kyle brought his camera along and got some really great pictures. We are so proud of her!

Last Sunday, I went with the other choir director at my school to see the Cleveland Orchestra perform a Beethoven piano concerto and Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique. The Berlioz piece is called a program symphony, which basically means that it tells a story and the audience gets a copy to read during the performance. This work is one of my favorite to listen to and teach because of the large orchestra and the dark twisted story that gracefully accompanies the music. It was a phenomenal concert and I have come to find out that the Cleveland Orchestra is among one of the best in the world. To find out more about the orchestra or the Berliz piece, click here: and .

No comments: