Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Spring break part 1: Michigan

We are currently in Grand Rapids, MI spending time with Kyle's family in their new house, visiting with many old friends and professors and braving the cold weather to spend time outside. Once again, no pictures yet but I will come through on this and the March post. Don't you worry. We had a grill out at Ryan and Amber's new house where I preceded to get a small cut on my finger from the Cutco knives. Watch out for those - they're sharp! Thanks to neosporin, things are getting better on that front. They have the cutest house and are very close to having a new baby for us to hug. Can you tell I'm excited? We had the best burgers at their house and had some laughs and I'm looking forward to seeing them again tonight.


Kyle with Chris and his pals

We have spent the past 2 days driving back and forth to Holland. We hung out with Chris and his friends (who are incredibly nice), went to the Gathering, walked around campus, had meals with Chris and friends and visited with some of my favorite professors. It is so special to return to my college campus and visit professors who not only remembered me but knew me very well and played a central role into shaping my life into what it is today.


Me and the Sharps

Dr. Sharp and Linda had us over for a delicious meal last night and it was so good to spend time with them. We are headed to Chicago tomorrow to visit my family and friends. This is turning into a great spring break. Sometimes, you just need to get away from Ohio. Yay for vacations!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Sarah - I've checked out your blog before! So you were very familiar when I met you last Saturday but it took a couple seconds to make the connection click! Haha! Anyway, it was great to meet you in person! Hope all is well! :)