Well, the spring break of my dreams was a bit slashed by what I think was the stomach flu. We'd planned to head to Chicago on Wednesday but I was down for the count in Grand Rapids. I threw up 5 times in 10 hours and ate a saltine and ice chips the whole day. Kyle was willing to put me in the car with the infamous puke bucket but I thought it would be a better idea to wait to leave until Thursday. We did and I felt better most of the day. I had a happy meal at McDonalds on the way and thought I was on the mend. When we got to my house, Kyle and my dad went flying for a few hours while my mom and I went to the outlet mall. Overall, a good day.
Then on Good Friday, my stomach bug came back just as soon as it had left. Only one time throwing up but another puny day of staying in and being bummed out. It was good to spend time with my family but those that know me well know how much I don't like being sick or staying at home all day. I was sad. On Saturday, I finally got over whatever stomach thing I had and we went to Easter service at Willow Creek which was great. It was one of the best Easter sermons I'd heard in a long time and it was good to be back.
Matt came to my house
We had a short visit with Matt Schwabauer in Chicago and it was good to see him again. I am looking forward to a trip when I don't get sick and get to enjoy everyone more. But overall, it was a good break. Now the race to the end of the school year...

1 comment:
I popped in to see if I could catch up on your life a bit...seeing phone tag is a never ending game! Glad you had a good Easter/spring break! Sounds like you and Michelle enjoyed your little adventure. Got plans for the summer? You should really come visit!!!!
Post a Comment