March was madness and went by so quickly. I took many pictures and meant to document our story but it has come to this - one month behind almost every time. Oh well. Such is life. My dear friend Michelle came for a quick visit to Cleveland in the beginning of March. She flew in on a Friday and we made a whirlwind trip to the quaint town of Lewisberg, WV to find her a place to live after she gets married this coming June. We had a great time! The weather was gorgeous (70 degrees!) and so were the hills. We stopped on the way to Lewisberg in Charleston, WV and ate lunch at one of my dad's favorite places: Tudor's Biscuit World. This restaurant is one of a kind. Biscuits accompany every meal and when the server asked me what choice of side I would like, she mentioned on called "chunkies." This intrigued me because I had no idea what chunkies were so when I asked, she replied "Taters of course." So, I had to try the chunkies. They were good and we had a good laugh out of that one. We found a house for Michelle and Shawn to rent which was on the top of a huge mountain. The drive of the mountain terrified me because of the one lane, steep drop off, no guard rails and blind curves. Nevertheless, Michelle and I loved it and it was definitely something VERY different from the suburban Chicago childhood we'd grown up with. All in all, it was a great trip and if you are ever passing through WV, stop in Lewisberg. The town was lively, vibrant and full of all kinds of unique restaurants and shops and next to the New River Gorge National Park. Kyle and I are looking forward to visiting them sometime this summer.
In the middle of March, our dear college friends Matt and Jennie came to visit. Matt drove over from Boston and spent the week with us and Jennie came from Oklahoma for only one night. Definitely not enough time! We had a great time reminiscing on old college days, eating at distinctly Cleveland restaurants (10 cent wing night is a beautiful thing!) and simply spending time together. Being with them again was like being with family and I would consider both of them to be that to us. We dreamed of all living in the same area again and having our kids all play together. I hope this becomes a reality in my life. Friends are so great and I am so glad to spend time with all of you. Our home is always welcome!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment