Wednesday, January 09, 2008

No power = No School!

I am pleased to say that I am home today because the power went out at school and it was cancelled. However, the phone call to inform me of this came pretty far into my morning routine as I was drying my hair. But hey, a bonus day off is never a bad thing, no matter what time it is.



Kyle and I have had a good start to 2008. I am playing soccer again with some of the other teachers from work on a co-ed adult league and Kyle has joined the weight loss competition at work. I don't think that he needs to lose weight but since all the guys at work are in on it, so is he. One of my resolutions this year is to work out at least 1 day a week (I know they recommend 3 but I figure if I start with lower expectations, I can't disappoint myself). Soccer is helping me get a start with this new goal.

The weather this week has been quite wild. Monday and Tuesday were 65 degree days and Riley and I could even take our walks again. Last night, a wild thunderstorm with strong winds came through and knocked out power at my school (luckily not at home). I am happy to say that I actually slept in today and I think I am making up for the sleep debt I incurred in the fall.


Kyle and I made our first big furniture purchase this week and bought a new bedroom suit. We decided to go with the dark cherry/mahogany wood (Kyle's mom helped us with this) and it will be delivered on Saturday. Now you will have to come and visit to see it for yourself!

My next grad school class starts next week and I think this semester will go quicker than the first. I really want to go to see a movie today and I have never gone by myself. It may be dorky to do that but I just might do it anyway...

No comments: