Last night, the Edge-U-Cators (aka the teacher soccer team) had their first win of the season 6-4. The team we played was called Progressive so I am assuming that they probably work at Progressive Insurance and are in about the same shape as we are. I am playing defense again and it is good to be back in the same position I played in my childhood soccer years.
I spent the day with my friend Abbie (trying to stave off the winter blues) and we really took the grande tour of Cleveland. We started the day at one of the bigger malls in the area. I bought Kyle a pair of dress pants for Christmas (which I was so excited about because they were on sale) only to find out that I had a 38/32, NOT the 33/32. Maybe I need new contacts. Then we went on an adventure without maps to the Aurora Farms Outlet Mall and although we took a small detour through Summit county, we found it with the atlas and got some really great bargains.
This evening, Abbie and I had a FREE 4 course meal at Applebees in Cleveland's newly built shopping area Steelyard Commons. As you can guess, this area was formerly part of the Cleveland steel industry and is still surrounded by steel mills. We wouldn't have been able to have this great free meal if my friend's husband hadn't told us about the new restuarant opening. He works for Applebees and his job is to train, build and open new franchise Applebee's restaurants in the area. I love being a part of the training/teaching effort (hence going to the beauty school for my haircuts) and I was very satisfied with my meal and the great wait staff. Thanks for inviting us!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment