Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cold in Cleveland

This past week has been busy but all in all, it was quite good. Thank you to those that sent their well wishes and prayers for my family. We could feel your love so much and I think that the funeral couldn't have gone better. My parents' long time family friend was the minister for the service and spoke very highly of my grandpa and presented the message of salvation through Jesus Christ in a way that I know many found accessible. It was a military funeral with a 21 gun solute and at the end, one trumpet played taps while the ROTC members folded the flag and presented it to my family. I know that my grandpa would have been pleased. It was great to see my family in Kentucky again and really great that Kyle got to meet many of my relatives that he'd never seen before.

This week was the first full week of school we've had since the start of the year. Between snow, power outages and holidays, its been a slower start to the new year. Although we lost our soccer game on Friday, no one got hurt (unlike last week when my friend Becky broke her arm). Since this, I have been a little more cautious in my playing but I now have 2 black and blue knees as a souvenir of our loss.

Kyle and I had a real bargain day yesterday. Great Clips has a promotion for $6 haircuts this week so we both got new hairdo's and got more FREE Applebee's at another restaurant opening last night. If you have never tried a pomagranate margarita, it is the best! Despite the cold weather, I felt like I was on vacation. It is REALLY cold and windy out now (-15 wind chill) and I am hoping it remains this way by tomorrow morning...

No comments: