Friday, March 28, 2008

Our trip out West

We left on Good Friday for Las Vegas to visit Kyle's Grandma and returned this past Wednesday. It was truly one of the best vacations we have ever taken! Grandma's house is beautiful and it was so fun to wake up each morning to sunshine and 75 degree days. We spent our time with Grandma eating delicious food, going to a cool church for Easter, learning how to play video poker, doing a little gambling at some casinos, seeing Cirque de Soleil, visiting the Hoover Dam, visitng Lake Mead, and visiting the Grand Canyon. We even got to see Grandma win a Royal Flush at a huge casino on the strip called Treasure Island! She definitely has luck on her side. Here are some pictures that depict what a great time we had with Grandma.

Here's Kyle at the Hoover Dam.

This is the typical post card picture of the Dam. It's huge!

This is an engineering feat if you ask me. They are building a TALL bridge over Lake Mead (above the Dam) so cars need not drive through the dam to get from Nevada to Arizona.

Kyle and I decided to go hiking on a trail around Lake Mead. Isn't it gorgeous?

This is the view from Grandma's back yard. The fountain is so fun and I think its so great that you can see both Las Vegas AND the mountains!

This one is of Grandma in the back yard. I think it was a candid shot.

Kyle and Grandma on our first night at the casino.

Happy Easter!


The flower garden at the Bellagio.

Walking around on the Strip.


We left Grandma at Treasure Island for 40 minutes and she won the Royal Flush!


We've arrived at the Grand Canyon!

Kyle's working on his photography skills. What a beautiful place!


Look how close you can get to the edge. Yikes!

Hiking down one of the trails. See the snow and ice? I was pretty freaked about this.

These crazy people are about a foot away from falling to their death over the edge. It made me nervous to look at them.


Breathtakingly gorgeous! Sunset at the Grand Canyon.

Kyle and I had the BEST time and it was all possible because of Grandma. Thank you so much for being so kind and generous to us and for helping us plan this trip. We love you and can't wait to come and visit again!

1 comment:

amberWIRE said...

I love love love the pictures! Ryan and I miss you and next time we go out west we should all go together!